As an Independent Contractor for Steelman Transportation, you are the cornerstone of our success, and our customers are your customers. We look forward to partnering up and sharing success with you.
At Steelman Transportation, we value our strong relationships with business people like you, who own your own truck and value the freedom and independence of operating your own business.
Trucks at Steelman average two (2) trips per week, each approximately 1,200 miles with less than 15% deadhead. Independent Contractors earn an average of $195,000 per year on approximately 125,000 miles per year.
Steelman Transportation recognizes the barriers that prevent many drivers from fulfilling their dreams of owning their own truck and their own company. In response, we created a lease/purchase program specifically designed to help you reach your goals and achieve success.
We invite you to lease a high-quality late model truck with the opportunity for future ownership. Lease/purchase participants take home a NET average of $67,000 in pre-tax dollars per year after all expenses.
- 0-6 Months Tenure – $1.05 per mile loaded, $0.96 per mile empty
- 6 Months – $1.06 per mile loaded, $0.97 per mile empty
- 1 Year Tenure – $1.07 per mile loaded, $0.98 per mile empty
- 2 Years Tenure – $1.08 per mile loaded, $0.99 per mile empty
- 3 Years Tenure – $1.09 per mile loaded, $1.00 per mile empty
- 4 Years Tenure – $1.10 per mile loaded, $1.01 per mile empty
- 5+ Years Tenure – $1.11 per mile loaded, $1.02 per mile empty
- Fuel Surcharge: Paid on loaded miles, regulated by the DOE
- 100% of tolls paid
- Safety bonus, referral bonus, roadside inspection reward
- Multi-stop / pick up pay, layover pay, New York City pay, detention pay
- Certified scale ticket reimbursement, road taxes (KY, NM, NY, OR)
- Pet & passenger policies with no wait period